KDG Construction Consulting is seeking a Project Engineer with Automated People Mover (APM)/ Light Rail experience to assist an aviation APM construction project at LAX. The Project Engineer assists in managing engineering tasks associated with the Automated People Mover (APM) design/construction package and procurement. The Engineer is responsible for managing and coordinating engineering functions of the project including technical discipline coordination, procurement and management of sub-consultants, materials and or equipment, and design and construction planning assistance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists to develop, review, coordinate and manage the scope of engineering work, schedules, and budgets for assigned project elements, and monitors progress to meet schedule and budget requirements. Identifies and documents changes in scope.
- Coordinates the utilization of interdisciplinary technical personnel on the project with other Project Engineers and the Engineering Resource Pool Manager. Coordinates the assignment of personnel from other technical support groups within the company.
- Assists the Project Management team in planning, directing, supervising, and controlling the execution of technical, fiscal, and administrative functions of the project. Assists in determining the technical skills and staff hours required for successful completion of the project.
- Ensures client criteria and scope are met by all engineering disciplines. Expedites distribution of action items following discussions/meetings with the client and Project Manager.
- Prepares technical reports and documentation of activity for the client and project management.
- Obtains, analyzes, and circulates technical and contractual information to project disciplines.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate, including:
- Coordinate the scoping of the Delta Hanger demolition, the hazardous materials testing and as-built plan documentation.
- Compile, document and administer the APM Data Room.
- Coordinate the transition of project technical information from the MapLAX team.
Required Experience, Certifications, and Qualifications
- 4-year degree in Engineering (or related field) and 5-10 years of related field engineering experience, or a broad general engineering background is required.
- State of California Professional Engineer (PE) registration is preferred.
- Potential to perform in a lead capacity, excellent written and oral communications skills, and a familiarity of industry practices and regulations are required.
- Must also possess a thorough knowledge of current technology and be able to select and apply appropriate engineering software for use on project.
About KDG: KDG currently provides Project Management and Construction Management (PM/CM) services to Los Angeles World Airports (LAWA) at LAX. KDG's employees work alongside the LAWA staff to support new construction and improvement projects, including airside, landside, terminal, and infrastructure work.