KDG Construction Consulting is seeking a Senior Project Manager with Facilities construction experience to support a large capital improvement project currently underway at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX). The Facilities Project Manager will be responsible for the oversight of the construction of multiple facilities throughout the airport's Landside Access Modernization Program (LAMP), including; architectural, stations, vertical circulation, MEP, and landscaping.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the owner/consultant program team through all construction phases (procurement, design & construction, and commissioning/acceptance) related to several large aviation facilities at LAX, including a light rail system and intermodal transportation facilities.
- Assess alternative technical concepts proposed by the developer/DB Contractor Teams during the proposal development phase for each facility project.
- Coordinate the technical elements of the project execution with the architectural goals established for each project.
- Performs oversight on the facilities design & construction for compliance with technical requirements, including task force participation, design reviews, submittal reviews, commissioning and acceptance testing.
- Coordinate facilities integration between several construction elements associated the LAMP program.
- Coordinate interfaces between program and other adjacent projects at the airport.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- 10-15 years of demonstrated facilities design and construction experience on large alternative project delivery (APD) projects.
- Previous experience supporting similar aviation facility projects at large international airports ideal.
- 4-year degree in Architecture, Engineering or related field.
- Familiar with the integration of engineering/technical aspects, as well as procurement and construction activities.
- Demonstrated experience managing and delivering all phases of large P3, design-build and other APD projects, including procurement, design/construction, operations and maintenance.
- Knowledge of appropriate building codes and regulations.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, and a familiarity of industry practices and regulations.
About KDG: KDG currently provides Project Management and Construction Management (PM/CM) services to Los Angeles World Airports (LAWA) at LAX. KDG's employees work alongside the LAWA staff to support new construction and improvement projects, including airside, landside, terminal, and infrastructure work.